Page and repository are being updated, information is not accurate, links may be broken, etc...
Page with various kernel version releases information, to build kernel for debug check developing page. System documentation contains information about configuration flags, build and install process. Kernel code is hosted at git repository with various LTS versions per branch; stable-4.9 and stable-5.4. Stable branch track Libre / GNU, tags that start with "blob" track upstream with binary blobs.
Git repository and port are being updated, this information is not accurate.
Port linux-gnu-5.4 represents stable-5.4 branch with linux-gnu (libre) with "latest" 5.4 patch releases. Additional patches for 5.4 are forked from this branch. Port linux-blob-5.4 tracks upstream releases with blobs / binaries, patch releases from this branch are tagged with "linux-blob" at beginning.
- Arch x86_64 - 5.4
- Arch configuration from kernel 5.4 for x86_64 (port config-all-standard).
- Arch harden x86_64 - 5.4
- Arch kernel-hardened 5.4 from linux-hardened for x86_64 (config-x86_64).
- Crux x86_64 - 5.4
- Crux configuration available on installation media.
Optimization gcc/cpu patch for gcc v10 and kernels v4.19-v5.4
- Arch linux-lts54 port.
- Hyperbola x86_64 - 4.9
- Hyperbola kernel 4.9 configuration for x86_64.
- Arch x86_64 - 4.9
- Arch kernel 4.9 for x86_64.
- Hyperbola i686 - 4.9
- Hyperbola kernel 4.9 configuration for i686.
There is various forks and minor revisions such as grsecurity patches, real time for beaglebone, etc.
- Clean grsecurity-3.1-4.9.24-201704252333.patch patch on 4.9.24.
- CPU optimization patch for gcc v9.1+ and kernel v4.13+ from graysky2.
- Dapper linux gresecurity patches without Meltdown and Spectre fixes since version 4.9.74.
- Upstream linux with binary / blobs with beagle board patches.
- Upstream linux with binary / blobs with real time patches.
- Arch linux-lts49 port
- General Setup
- Enable loadable module support
- Enable the block layer
- Processor type and features
- Power management and ACPI options
- Bus options (PCI etc.)
- Executable file formats / Emulations
- Networking support
- Device Drivers
- Firmware Drivers
- File systems
- Kernel hacking
- Security options
- Cryptographic API
- Library routines
Notes to be corrected on linux configure documentation.
Meltdown and Spectre;
Set net.core.bpf_jit_enable to 0.
Test current config;
# zgrep CONFIG_PAGE_TABLE_ISOLATION /proc/config.gz
Notes on how to checkup cpu vulnerabilities and update cpu firmware, intel calls firmware microcode. Generally this is handled by updating the bios, but is possible to update using kernel. Updating the firmware for MDS will also mean correction of MEI_ME intel-sa-00075 and intel-sa-00086.
Unmaintained or removed linux kernel port versions.
Port linux-blob-4.19 tracks upstream releases with blobs / binaries.
- Arch x86_64 - 4.19
- Arch kernel 4.19 for x86_64.
- Arch harden x86_64 - 4.19
- Arch kernel 4.19 from linux-hardened for x86_64.
- Arch linux-lts419 port.